RVA United is a city-wide outreach of 20-30 somethings who want to worship the living God, study His word, and serve together. On a typical night, an RVA United service consists of authentic vertical worship, a message that challenges you to live out the scriptures, and extended prayer time.
- Go Deeper in our teaching, worship, and understanding of the Gospel
- Create an environment that engages service as a lifestyle
- Create an environment that engages discipleship as a lifestyle
- Create a culture of connection and fellowship
Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are given by divine inspiration, are the Word of God, and are the supreme authority in all matters.
- We believe there is one God, the Creator of all things, who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is perfect in love, omnipotent, and righteous in all His ways.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was both fully man and fully God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of a virgin. Jesus lived a sinless life in perfect obedience, was crucified as a substitutionary and atoning sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins, was raised from the dead on the third day, and now rules as Lord over all and intercedes for us as our great high priest.
- We believe the Holy Spirit takes up residence and works in the heart of each follower of Christ, renewing our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord.
- We believe God created male and female in His image so that He might have fellowship with us. As sinners, we are incapable of a right relationship to God apart from divine grace.
- We believe that salvation is available to all because of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. All those who acknowledge faith in Christ are justified by faith through the merit of Christ our Savior.
- God, by his Word and Spirit, calls us into the fellowship of Christ’s body, the Church. The Church worships, fellowships, and preaches the Gospel, constantly growing under Christ’s headship and through their love for God and one another.
Be Jesus to Someone